Pedigree Denta Stix Large 56
- Unique x shape
- Special abrasive texture
- Helps reduce plaque and tartar build-up
- Low in fat & sugar free
- Suitable for dogs weighing over 25kg
Caring for your dog’s teeth is extremely important, not just for eating food, but for chewing and playing too. When a dog has issues with his teeth it can affect his behaviour and quality of life. It is an unfortunate fact that 4 out of 5 dogs have gum disease and this can often lead to painful and expensive treatment at the vets.
Good oral care is essential to the health and wellbeing of dogs.
Gum disease can be prevented with a regular dental health care regime.
Regular brushing is recommended as the best way to keep teeth and gums healthy.
Brushing should be introduced gradually using specialist dog toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Make sure that your dog has regular oral health examinations by a vet.
- Train your dog as a puppy to get him used to having his teeth brushed.
- Remember to use dog toothpaste that does not contain fluoride.
- Start brushing an older dog’s teeth as soon as they have been cleaned by your vet – it’s never too late!
- Only give your dog toys and food specifically designed for dogs.
- Use Pedigree® Dentastix® – they taste great and help reduce plaque and tartar build up, helping keep teeth and gums healthy.
Pedigree® DentaStix® is a specialist dental chew with a specifically designed texture, shape and active ingredients. Just one Pedigree® Dentastix® fed daily is scientifically proven to help reduce tartar build-up by up to 80%.
Whether you have a small, medium or large dog, Pedigree® DentaStix® has a chew size to suit your dog. As well as being tasty, the chews are low in fat and sugar free. For example the medium chew contains just 82 calories.
Pets Corner recommend Pedigree® DentaStix®. However don’t just take our word for it; 74% of vets recommend DentaStix® as being good for canine oral health*
How do Dentastix Chews Work?
With their specially designed texture, shape and active ingredients, Pedigree® DentaStix® help control the accumulation of dental plaque and tartar.
Texture and shape
A unique X-shape cross section and mildly abrasive texture remove plaque and keep dogs chewing longer. This produces saliva, washing away the plaque and pieces of food removed from the teeth.
Sodium tripolyphosphate (STPP) and zinc sulphate bond with the calcium in saliva and slow down the build-up of tartar. Plaque stays softer longer, making it easier to remove by chewing.
For more information please visit http://uk.pedigree.com/dentalcare/faqs